[swift-users] C/FFI interop

swizzlr me at swizzlr.co
Wed Dec 23 10:30:19 CST 2015

What are the current facilities planned or in development for FFI? Just as Swift functions can be exposed through @objc, how would I add a similar capability for pure C? Is this what, in fact, module maps might be for?

I ask since writing high performance native code for dynamic languages is currently done in C, and that’s a pretty bad idea. It would be great for Swift if people started writing native bindings in it as opposed to C, but it probably needs at the least a way to re-export global public functions for C/C++.

Please let me know if I should take this to swift-dev or swift-evolution!

Tom