[swift-users] [swift-dev] Cross Compiling Swift for Bare Metal?

William Dillon wdillon at coas.oregonstate.edu
Sun Dec 20 17:03:20 CST 2015

Though it might sound a little silly (because why not run linux), but starting with a beagle bone black would not be a terrible way to begin with bare metal work.  It has plenty of RAM, you know that LLVM writes good machine code for it, it has JTAG accessible, it’s inexpensive, etc...

This would be an amazing achievement.  I admit that was one of the first things I thought of when open source swift was announced.  I loath programming in anything else. I’m spoiled.

- Will