[swift-users] Using Swift for interpreted shell scripts?

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Wed Dec 16 09:21:59 CST 2015

On 15 Dec 2015, at 14:12, John Regner <regnerjr at gmail.com> wrote:
> Check out this talk from Ayaka on just this topic! https://realm.io/news/swift-scripting/

Thank you, that looks very promising.

I didn’t realize the list was set to “reply off list” so a message I thought I posted didn’t go through. Rather than repost it…

On Dec 15, 2015, at 12:59 PM, David Turnbull <dturnbull at gmail.com> wrote:
> There's this shebang for OS X:
> #!/usr/bin/env xcrun swift

Interesting. I was just messing around with

#!/usr/bin/swift

And making some (albeit slow) progress.

===

Is there a reason to use xcrun instead of calling swift directly?

--
'But you ain't part of it, are you?' said Granny conversationally. 'You
try, but you always find yourself watchin' yourself watchin' people, eh?