[swift-users] Swift BMI

Gage Morgan gagemorgan at outlook.com
Tue Dec 15 14:35:34 CST 2015

I understand that mine is a bit more complicated than it needs to be. It works, that's good enough for me. It gives proper values. I knew SOMEONE would have an issue with the "breaking machine," and I realized it could not be reached before typing it. I put it in there as a joke, nothing more (I've done worse in actual C).
As for types and other stuff, I will acknowledge that there could possibly be up to ten different revisions with much simpler code. I prefer to write things out, which is why there's not as many abstract concepts as some would like. I did as a test, just to see if it could be done. And the answer is yes, and that's good enough for me. The next time I plug in a formula I will consider these, but may not use them.
I understand your above points, but there are of course 14000 different ways that you could do it. Don't overthink it. I did it the way I did it because I could understand it, no intentions to be .selfless or take a .selfie whatsoever (THAT WAS A JOKE, FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST).
There are many ways you can dumb it down. Unfortunately, abstraction and I don't play nice. So it would make sense for me to have written it out step-by-step. Look at the calculations given by the second revision. They are unrounded versions of the CDC website's results, are they not?

Sent from Outlook Mobile