[swift-users] Recommendation for thread-safe dictionary

Dan Stenmark daniel.j.stenmark at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 12:17:49 CST 2015

+1.  I learned this the hard way, once upon a time.  For code that is primarily CPU bound (like dictionary reads/writes), opt for using your objects in a thread-safe way rather than creating thread-safe objects.  Either make sure the callers wrap each access around a mutex/semaphore lock, or (if you’re working in OSX/iOS) ensure that each access is dispatched onto the same serial Grand Central Dispatch queue.

Dan