[swift-users] Text editor

Jan Neumüller nasan at slayers.de
Thu Dec 10 11:43:10 CST 2015

> On 10.12.2015, at 18:30, Daniel Dunbar <daniel_dunbar at apple.com> wrote:
>
> There are a wide variety of workflows in the world, some people really enjoy working in the terminal, others don't.
>
> Please be mindful of our Code of Conduct:
>   https://swift.org/community/#code-of-conduct <https://swift.org/community/#code-of-conduct>
> and that we want to be open and tolerant of everyones working preferences.
>
>  - Daniel

I very much would like that - but I feel currently very unwelcome with all that terminal stuff when I have a perfectly fine Xcode sitting here. All dev tools in the release are terminal based 8( I’m on the Swift train since the first beta release and for the first time I feel left out as developing in Xcode feels second class.

Imo this is a to big push in the Linux direction and alienates many non Linux coders like myself.

Jan