[swift-users] REPL failed

Lane Schwartz dowobeha at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 10:35:56 CST 2015

I also hit this problem.

I compiled like so: ./swift/utils/build-script --lldb

I created a new directory to house the symlinks:

$ mkdir mybins; cd mybins

I created symlinks:

$ for i in $(ls -1 ../build/Ninja-DebugAssert/llvm-linux-x86_64/bin/*); do
ln -s $i; done
$ for i in $(ls -1 ../build/Ninja-DebugAssert/swift-linux-x86_64/bin/*); do
ln -s $i; done
$ for i in $(ls -1 ../build/Ninja-DebugAssert/lldb-linux-x86_64/bin/*); do
ln -s $i; done

So now there are symlinks in the same directory for lldb and swift.

$ ./swift

LLVM ERROR: Compiler-internal integrated REPL unimplemented for this
platform; use the LLDB-enhanced REPL instead.

And I still get the error. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Lane

On Sun, Dec 6, 2015 at 2:14 AM, Dmitri Gribenko via swift-users <
swift-users at swift.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 6, 2015 at 12:10 AM, Thomas# Chiang via swift-users
> <swift-users at swift.org> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I built swift for Linux(openSUSE 13.2) from source code, by
"./utils/build-script -R" command.
> > It works for run test.swift file, but can not run on REPL mode,
> > the error message is:
> > "LLVM ERROR: Compiler-internal integrated REPL unimplemented for this
platform; use the LLDB-enhanced REPL instead."

> > since I always failed to build for Debug mode,  I need some help to run
REPL,

> Hi Thomas,
>
> To run the REPL, the 'swift' and 'lldb' binaries need to be next to
> each other. This is not the case in the build tree. Either create a
> symlink, or build the package using 'build-script
> --preset=buildbot_linux_1404 installable_package=/tmp/swift.tar.gz
> install_destdir=/tmp/swift-install', and try again from the package.
>
> Dmitri
>
> --
> main(i,j){for(i=2;;i++){for(j=2;j<i;j++){if(!(i%j)){j=0;break;}}if
> (j){printf("%d\n",i);}}} /*Dmitri Gribenko <gribozavr at gmail.com>*/

When a place gets crowded enough to require ID's, social collapse is not
far away.  It is time to go elsewhere.  The best thing about space travel
is that it made it possible to go elsewhere.
                -- R.A. Heinlein, "Time Enough For Love"