[swift-users] Webview with progress indicator issue

Brent Royal-Gordon brent at architechies.com
Wed Dec 9 15:33:43 CST 2015

> The progress indicator has no animation & the Facebook app uses Adobe so when I test my app the game won’t load.

This is more a Cocoa question than a Swift question, but as far as the progress indicator is concerned, I would check that the appropriate delegate outlet (I think there are three or four for a WebView) is connected in your nib file. If it’s not, your webView(_:didWhateverLoadForFrame:) methods will never be called, and they’ll never know to start the animation. I don’t really understand what you mean by the other question.

I might also look at WKWebView instead of the older WebView. WKWebView has a much more modern and coding-safety-oriented API, and seems to be recommended for new code where possible.

--
Brent Royal-Gordon
Architechies