[swift-users] REPL failed

Dmitri Gribenko gribozavr at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 02:14:03 CST 2015

On Sun, Dec 6, 2015 at 12:10 AM, Thomas# Chiang via swift-users
<swift-users at swift.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I built swift for Linux(openSUSE 13.2) from source code, by "./utils/build-script -R" command.
> It works for run test.swift file, but can not run on REPL mode,
> the error message is:
> "LLVM ERROR: Compiler-internal integrated REPL unimplemented for this platform; use the LLDB-enhanced REPL instead."
>
> since I always failed to build for Debug mode,  I need some help to run REPL,

Hi Thomas,

To run the REPL, the 'swift' and 'lldb' binaries need to be next to
each other. This is not the case in the build tree. Either create a
symlink, or build the package using 'build-script
--preset=buildbot_linux_1404 installable_package=/tmp/swift.tar.gz
install_destdir=/tmp/swift-install', and try again from the package.

Dmitri