[swift-users] Package Manager on iOS

Dmitry Shevchenko dmishe at me.com
Fri Dec 4 18:36:13 CST 2015

Hello,

The package manager documentation says:
"Note that at this time the Package Manager has no support for iOS, watchOS, or tvOS platforms.”
https://github.com/apple/swift-package-manager/blob/master/Documentation/Package.swift.md#depending-on-apple-modules-eg-foundation <https://github.com/apple/swift-package-manager/blob/master/Documentation/Package.swift.md#depending-on-apple-modules-eg-foundation>

What does “support” here mean? As far as I understand it, a package product is a static library, nothing more, so what prevents me from using it
to build a iOS or any other app?

Thank you.