[swift-users] Getting Started - swift.org - Ubuntu 14.04 installation - dependencies - libicu-dev

Dmitri Gribenko gribozavr at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 17:42:24 CST 2015

On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 3:36 PM, Mish Awadah <mawadah at apple.com> wrote:
> This must be a 14.04 thing, I didn’t have a problem with ICU on 15.10.

I think it is a matter of what comes installed by default on the
system.  There are multiple installers, and the server installer
allows you to install a very minimal version of the system, that could
possibly not have ICU.

Also, there should be no need to install the -dev package.  We should
recommend the corresponding binary package.

Dmitri