[swift-server-dev] Discourse rollout re-schedule

Nicole Jacque jacque at apple.com
Thu Dec 14 20:59:14 CST 2017

Hi All-

First of all, a big thank you to everyone who has provided feedback on our prototype Discourse forum.  Based on the fact that we’re still receiving feedback, we’d like to move to a slightly less aggressive schedule for our rollout, in order to make sure that we’ve adequately addressed it.  We’re still working out an exact schedule, but due to the upcoming holidays, I expect that we’ll be looking at shortly after the beginning of the new year.

In the meantime, I’ve moved the prototype forum to https://forums.swift.org, and I have GitHub-enabled logins working if you’d like to give it a try!  You can also test out registering (including using the staged account pre-created from your mailing list account).  Instructions are here: https://forums.swift.org/t/taking-over-a-pre-created-staged-account/7121

Once you’ve created an account, you’ll be able to experiment with the various account and notification settings that are available to you.

If you have feedback or see any issues, (especially with login) please file issues/comments/requests at bugs.swift.org under the “Project Infrastructure” component for tracking.

Thanks!
nicole