[swift-server-dev] HTTP API v0.1.0

Helge Heß me at helgehess.eu
Thu Nov 2 16:11:01 CDT 2017

On 2. Nov 2017, at 21:27, Johannes Weiß <johannesweiss at apple.com> wrote:
>> On 2 Nov 2017, at 12:30 pm, Helge Heß via swift-server-dev <swift-server-dev at swift.org> wrote:
>>
>> On 2. Nov 2017, at 20:24, Johannes Weiß <johannesweiss at apple.com> wrote:
>>> Definitely retry on Swift 4, the GCD implementation changed from using the kqueue adaptor on Linux to using epoll directly (think that was after Swift 3.1). Also bugs like https://bugs.swift.org/browse/SR-5759 have been fixed for Swift 4.0
>>
>> Along those lines, when I tried to pause/suspend a channel a year back or so, that didn’t properly work. Is it supposed to work?
>
> all API is supposed to work :). But I find the suspend/resume APIs are rarely the right tool, still they're supposed to work.

Not sure why you say so. This is essentially how back pressure works in Node/Noze. If the stream buffers are full, they stop reading and return don’t-want-no-more on writing. If space gets available, they start filling the buffer again.

> Mind filing a bug on bugs.swift.org or is that on macOS?

Jira? Really? What did I do that you suggest that?

I don’t remember whether that was Linux only or macOS too. It must have been Swift 2.x when I tried that. I think I resorted to just doing max-buffer reads instead of a single big one which gets paused. To file a bug report, this would need to be re-evaluated. I won’t :-)

hh