[swift-server-dev] HTTP API Review

Chris Bailey BAILEYC at uk.ibm.com
Fri Sep 8 10:33:48 CDT 2017

In all honesty, the protocol isn't required at all.

The HTTPServer takes a HTTPRequestHandler, but that's just a typedef to:
        (HTTPRequest, HTTPResponseWriter) -> HTTPBodyProcessing

So we could remove both the HTTPRequestHandling protocol and the
HTTPRequestHandler typedef and rely on the closure being defined in the
HTTPServer API - which I think Helge a while ago but that we couldn't do
at the time as HTTPServer wasn't yet in the API.

Chris