[swift-server-dev] HTTP API Review

Chris Bailey BAILEYC at uk.ibm.com
Tue Aug 22 06:05:56 CDT 2017

Hi Adrian:

>> - (I haven’t tracked that particular decision) Why not calling the
module `HTTP`?

That's the eventual goal, although at the moment there's only support for
the "server" APIs. I think as we get closer to a complete set of APIs
we'll definitely rename. We can also do that sooner if it make sense.

>> - Even it the module is currently called `SwiftServerHTTP`, isn’t the
HTTP type prefix redundant?
>>    - If the Module was called `HTTP` then you could use `HTTP.Method`
if you wanted or simply omit the HTTP because it would be optional.

As Helge has said, we did have some previous discussion on this - the
quick summary is that retaining the HTTP prefix is beneficial for IDE
based code completion, so whilst its technically redundant it can actually
make it easier to program.

>> Various linking issues

These should just be fixed. If you'd like to raise PRs, those would be
gratefully received (although it might be work waiting until PR #26 is
merged first).

Thanks,

Chris