[swift-server-dev] TLSService mini-release

Adrian Zubarev adrian.zubarev at devandartist.com
Mon Jul 3 16:09:33 CDT 2017

I took a quick glance at the API out of curiosity, would it make sense to build all the Swift server code using the same SwiftLint and share the same rules across all repositories? The API I’ve seen would violate quite a lot of rules. I think it would be easier to maintain later.

--
Adrian Zubarev
Sent with Airmail

Am 3. Juli 2017 um 23:05:48, Helge Heß via swift-server-dev (swift-server-dev at swift.org) schrieb:

On 3. Jul 2017, at 16:44, Gelareh Taban via swift-server-dev <swift-server-dev at swift.org> wrote:
> But this is related to the point raised by Brent:
>
> > > * The buffer-based `willSend` and `willReceive` calls ought to use `UnsafeRawBufferPointer` and
> > > `UnsafeMutableRawBufferPointer` instead of passing the pointer and size as separate parameters.

That sounds right to me.

> > Makes sense but tbh I was intending to remove those APIs and only support Data.

I think removing them sounds OK, but I’d prefer DispatchData to support disjunct source buffers (and avoid copying them into a single Data object).

> > Do you think it still makes sense for us to include the Unsafe[Mutable]RawBufferPointer versions of the APIs?

Presumably those only make sense in synchronous APIs. I guess I prefer removing such in favour of just DispatchData.

hh