[swift-server-dev] HTTP API Sketch v2

Colin Barrett colin at springsandstruts.com
Mon Apr 10 15:27:15 CDT 2017

Hi George,

This seems interesting, but is it necessary for getting off the ground?
Unless I'm missing something (it's been known to happen!) a protocol based
approach could be implemented purely additively, on top of the concrete
design Johannes has proposed, at a later date.

The advantage I see in waiting is that we can get more feedback from real
users of the API, such as what extension points they want and need, where
their performance concerns are, etc. We would also be able to make sure it
integrates well with what the community has been doing around higher level
libraries, middleware, etc.

-C