[swift-server-dev] Draft proposal for TLS Service APIs(pleasereview)

Helge Heß me at helgehess.eu
Fri Mar 31 10:18:06 CDT 2017

On 31 Mar 2017, at 16:55, Gelareh Taban <gtaban at us.ibm.com> wrote:
> Furthermore, if not all underyling TLS libraries support vectored IO, then having that as input to onReceive/onSend doesn't make sense.

This I can’t follow. If OpenSSL supports this, it is absolutely worth supporting that in the API? OpenSSL will almost always be in use in server deployments - if that gets faster it matters a lot?

For SecureTransport you would just need to merge the buffers before handing them over. That is the same you expect from your API consumer today.

hh