[swift-server-dev] Next HTTP API meeting

Helge Heß me at helgehess.eu
Fri Mar 31 09:27:34 CDT 2017

On 30 Mar 2017, at 16:31, Helge Heß <me at helgehess.eu> wrote:
> Personally I find the API a little weird (because the response/request ordering is backwards in the source) :-). But we have to get started somewhere.
>
> Notes:

+ there is not way to handle back pressure with that API

Does it need to expose a suspend/resume?

+ it provides no way to stop the body processor

E.g. if you determined that you don’t want to handle the
content after a while. Something like

  typealias HTTPBodyHandler = ( HTTPBodyChunk, inout Bool ) -> Void

+ maybe the writer should have a specific 100-continue?

hh