[swift-server-dev] Draft proposal for TLS Service APIs (pleasereview)

Gelareh Taban gtaban at us.ibm.com
Thu Mar 30 10:45:05 CDT 2017

fragments of bytes into a single buffer.

> > > +1 on vectors.
> > >

> > +1 on need to make it more Swifty.
> >
> > What is the advantage of using vectored IO for TLS service?
>
> ? Less copying and/or using a single system call for a buffer.

[g] Agreed about general efficiency, but with TLS, you would need a
different context for each of these streams.
Coordinating the appropriate streams and associated contexts would be
complex and perhaps it's better managed at a higher level?
That way we can have the low level TLS service taking care of one
stream/contexts and have transport or even higher level still,
deal with handling of multiple streams.