[swift-server-dev] Next Server Security API Group Meeting

Helge Heß me at helgehess.eu
Mon Jan 30 04:51:42 CST 2017

On 30 Jan 2017, at 10:59, Helge Heß <me at helgehess.eu> wrote:
> However, I thought - and I may be very wrong here, which would be excellent - that SecurityFramework only supported blocking read and write callbacks and cannot be ‘paused’ until new data arrives.

I’m just told off-list that this is not true. The lowest-level TLS API, Secure Transport, can be used in a non-blocking mode. Things like CFSocketStream and NSURLSession, actually use this facility to provide their async abstractions.

So I guess everything will be fine. Still the TLS API draft for Swift should state it as an explicit goal that it can be used in a non-blocking fashion.

Thanks,
  Helge