[swift-server-dev] HTTP Parser

Chris Bailey BAILEYC at uk.ibm.com
Mon Nov 21 05:55:51 CST 2016

>> But it sounds like MIT licensed code can’t be used as part of the
effort, maybe that should be added the the front-page of the effort.

I'm not 100% convinced this is true. There's nothing (legally) preventing
the inclusion of MIT licensed code in a Apache 2.0 licensed product, you
just may have to list some Product Unique Terms (PUTs) to cover it - we
don't need the Node.js community to dual-license it for us to use it.
Parts of the Swift toolchain already have compiled-in dependencies on MIT
licensed code, so my guess is that ship has already sailed on using
non-Apache 2.0 licensed code.

Having said that, we'd obviously need a read and approval from the Swift
Core Team (and Apple legal!) before making a compiled-in dependency on
anything.

Chris