[swift-server-dev] HTTP Parser

Helge Heß me at helgehess.eu
Thu Nov 3 15:44:56 CDT 2016

On 3 Nov 2016, at 21:27, Chris Bailey via swift-server-dev <swift-server-dev at swift.org> wrote:
> I think one thing that needs to be considered is HTTP/2 support - implementing HTTP/2 is significantly more complex that HTTP 1.x, so if we want to support HTTP/2 it may make more sense to look at what we can reuse (the nghttp2 library?)

HTTP/2 protocol support in itself doesn’t seem very complex to me (the protocol). The thing which makes it complex is reasonable scheduling of request/response handlers (the multiplexed streams on the single socket). And that is very much tied to the scheduling library people use, hence I wonder what can be done here in a generic way.

hh