[swift-server-dev] swift-server-dev Digest, Vol 2, Issue 1

Chris Bailey BAILEYC at uk.ibm.com
Thu Nov 3 15:27:32 CDT 2016

>> Chris,

Any schedules planned for the HTTP/WebSockets group? If not, I'm happy to
take some off of your plate and help put together a doodle and get an
introductory meeting setup.

Sounds great to me ;-) Go ahead!

Chris

From:   Logan Wright via swift-server-dev <swift-server-dev at swift.org>
To:     Helge Heß <me at helgehess.eu>, Swift Server Dev
<swift-server-dev at swift.org>
Date:   03/11/2016 16:50
Subject:        Re: [swift-server-dev] swift-server-dev Digest, Vol 2,
Issue 1
Sent by:        swift-server-dev-bounces at swift.org

Hi Helge,

Yup, you can see a lot of it in the underlying engine module from Vapor.
Ideally, a lot of the parsing logic will be able to become a bit more
straightforward using String type where appropriate. The reason for all
the bytes is we were getting hammered on performance originally.

Chris,

Any schedules planned for the HTTP/WebSockets group? If not, I'm happy to
take some off of your plate and help put together a doodle and get an
introductory meeting setup.

- Logan

On Wed, Nov 2, 2016 at 7:59 AM Helge Heß via swift-server-dev <
swift-server-dev at swift.org> wrote:
Hi Logan,

On 02 Nov 2016, at 12:39, Logan Wright via swift-server-dev <
swift-server-dev at swift.org> wrote:
> Chris and others,
>
> I'm excited that we're starting to break out into teams with respective
focus. I'd like to throw my hat in the ring for HTTP and WebSockets. I've
built Swift implementations of both protocols off of RFC from scratch

is that available somewhere already? Pointer? :-)

hh