[swift-server-dev] Posix Module

Helge Heß me at helgehess.eu
Sun Oct 30 18:51:16 CDT 2016

Hi Johannes,

> On 30 Oct 2016, at 19:11, Johannes Weiß <johannesweiss at apple.com> wrote:
>
> So yes, just re-exporting Glibc/Darwin is easy but using these functions correctly is hard.

yes, all that is understood but it has absolutely no relevance to the namespace under which those "hard-to-use-functions" are exposed?

All I :-) ask for is that those Posix or C99 funds are exposed under a common name whether on Linux, Darwin, Windoze or BeOS.

> Another assumption I have seen in Swift libraries is assuming that a successful system call resets errno to 0, that's not true either.

File a bug report against the respective libs. Of course this is not true and never has been true in C either.

> But as others have said, this might be a swift-{users,evolution} question?

It probably is, so are sockets, encryption and database access :-) I think you need to start somewhere, and Swift Server is the one place which has to deal with this specific issue right now.

hh