[swift-server-dev] [Bug] Foundation.URL should support semicolon(; ) appearing in URL path

Jacob Bandes-Storch jtbandes at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 01:23:53 CDT 2016

Sorry for fake threading, the original message was sent before I subscribed
to this list.

http://host/book;id=1/page;2/
> this URL is a valid URL, but URLComponents will ruin it with %3B
> http://host/book%3Bid=1/page%3B2/
> Since Swift Server is coming out, this bug should be solved.

Just wanted to point out some related bugs that I have filed in the past:

- https://bugs.swift.org/browse/SR-21

- rdar://23241861  "NSFont fontWithDescriptor:size: fails when passed a URL
with a semicolon in it" (marked as dupe of rdar://22424272)

Jacob