[swift-lldb-dev] Swift LLDB Feature Support

Jessie Serrino jessie at remind.com
Wed Oct 19 20:12:11 CDT 2016

Hi Swift-LLDB,

I had something I wanted to follow up on.

I'm currently working in a mixed development environment (Obj-C & Swift),
and we're slowly migrating to Swift. I've managed to connect lldb to a
Swift only environment and use REPL to successfully inspect objects without
issue. That said, when I connect to my mixed project, it doesn't allow me
to import UIKit (see errors below):

(lldb) repl
3> import UIKit
error: Couldn't lookup symbols:
  _globalinit_33_FD9A49A256BEB6AF7C48013347ADC3BA_func4
  _globalinit_33_FD9A49A256BEB6AF7C48013347ADC3BA_token4
  __TZvOs11CommandLine11_unsafeArgvGSpGSqGSpVs4Int8___
  __TZvOs11CommandLine5_argcVs5Int32

I've appropriately set the language to Swift as follows: (lldb) settings
set target.language swift

My suspicion is that there are two UIKits (one in Objective-C and one in
Swift). Would you be able to offer me some clarity to resolve this issue?

Thank you,
Jessie