[swift-lldb-dev] Hello Perry,

Gage Morgan gagemorgan at outlook.com
Mon Dec 7 15:04:23 CST 2015

So would it be possible to develop a Playground-like debugger using Gtk+, Swift, and VSCode using REPL?

Sent from Outlook

On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 10:17 AM -0800, "Todd Fiala" <tfiala at apple.com> wrote:

> On Dec 5, 2015, at 12:25 PM, Gage Morgan via swift-lldb-dev <swift-lldb-dev at swift.org> wrote:
>
> As your question is similar to the one I have, does Apple explicitly say what we can and cannot do with REPL on Linux?

Hi Gage,

Great question!  Swift.org <http://swift.org/> was setup to encourage collaboration and expansion of the Swift ecosystem, both in terms of platform and feature set.  Community contributions to expand usage of the REPL in new and novel ways is encouraged, whether it be to support a new platform, a new windowing mechanism or to incorporate in a program as an extension language.  Apple is not attempting to limit the scope of community contributions; rather, we’re explicitly encouraging it by open sourcing Swift.

You are welcome to take any part of the REPL and modify and/or incorporate into your program.  The swift.org and llvm.org licenses just ask that you attribute the code borrowed (per their licenses) in your product.  Go forth and make great things :-)

Sincerely,
Todd Fiala