[swift-evolution] 100% bikeshed topic: DictionaryLiteral

Ian Partridge ian at poncho.org.uk
Wed Jan 10 03:52:57 CST 2018

On 10 January 2018 at 06:29, Chris Lattner via swift-evolution
<swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
> Ok, I understand that (among all the other things going on that are clearly more important) revamping
> this is probably not the highest priority thing to do.  That said, it would be really unfortunate to carry
> around these “suboptimal” APIs forever, particularly given how marginal they are (as in, not widely used).

It's true that they are not widely used, but they are in use.  For
example IBM's SQL abstraction library called "Kuery" depends on
Mirror.

https://github.com/IBM-Swift/Swift-Kuery/blob/1d05ad6435cf7fa5feebba663bd3f765c72634e1/Sources/SwiftKuery/Table.swift#L42

--
Ian Partridge