[swift-evolution] [Review] SE-0194: Derived Collection of Enum Cases

Cheyo Jimenez cheyo at masters3d.com
Mon Jan 8 23:24:44 CST 2018

> What is your evaluation of the proposal?
+1
How does this work with public non exhaustive enums?

Can we have a version of this that is compile time only? This would be very helpful specially if non exhaustive enums make it into the language. Perhaps also having compile time allCases could also gets us closer to objc enum support.

I much rather take the extra copy of all the cases in my binary than having surprising results during runtime (new cases or removed cases).

> Is the problem being addressed significant enough to warrant a change to Swift?
Yes
> Does this proposal fit well with the feel and direction of Swift?
Yes
> If you have used other languages or libraries with a similar feature, how do you feel that this proposal compares to those?
N/a
> How much effort did you put into your review? A glance, a quick reading, or an in-depth study?
Followed the first PR and most of the discussions.