[swift-evolution] [Review] SE-0194: Derived Collection of Enum Cases

David Hart david at hartbit.com
Mon Jan 8 15:17:24 CST 2018

I’m hugely in favour of the proposal but am quite worried about that fact that ValueEnumerable will not work for @objc enums and enums imported from C/Obj-C headers. It seems like a very common scenario and the lack of support for it will be both surprising and fustrating. Is there no way around it?

> Is the problem being addressed significant enough to warrant a change to Swift?
Yes.

> Does this proposal fit well with the feel and direction of Swift?
Yes, apart from the Objective-C support.

> If you have used other languages or libraries with a similar feature, how do you feel that this proposal compares to those?
Very few languages provide this functionality and I am very happy that Swift is finally providing it.

> How much effort did you put into your review? A glance, a quick reading, or an in-depth study?
Several reads.