[swift-evolution] [Review] SE 0192 - Non-Exhaustive Enums

Eneko Alonso eneko.alonso at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 14:17:31 CST 2017

Hello everyone,

My name is Eneko Alonso, iOS developer, new here on the list.

Is there a good summary anywhere that condenses the pros and cons of this new feature that have been discussed so far?

It is not clear to me why non-exhaustive would be the default, requiring adding `@exhaustive` otherwise. Has anyone discussed doing it the other way around, this is, defaulting to exhaustive (no changes with prior Swift versions) and adding a `@nonExhaustive` tag instead as needed?

Apologies if this has been covered already.

Regards and thank you everyone for making Swift better!
Eneko