[swift-evolution] Proposal and Timeline for Discourse Transition

Alejandro Martinez alexito4 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 05:30:54 CST 2017

This sounds great!
Specially the new structure, it reminds me of the Rust forums. I just
have one question, is the Using Swift category expected to be the one
where the community posts project announcements for new libraries or
similar stuff? I remember a recent thread where some people wanted to
include more libs in the standard swift distribution and one of the
alternatives considered was making it easy for the community to get
together and share new projects and even join forces. This would seem
like the perfect place for it, similar to the announcements category
on Rust forum.

On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 7:42 AM, Ben Rimmington via swift-evolution
<swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
> [Forum] merging multiple staged accounts
> <https://bugs.swift.org/browse/SR-6594>
>
> [Forum] importing names with non-Latin characters
> <https://bugs.swift.org/browse/SR-6595>
>
> -- Ben
>
>> On 12 Dec 2017, at 06:41, Ben Rimmington wrote:
>>
>> When claiming a staged account, can the username be changed?
>> e.g. Having the same "@username" on GitHub and Swift Forums.
>>
>> Will people with multiple accounts be able to merge them?
>> <http://swift.trydiscourse.com/u?name=Lattner&period=all>
>>
>> Names with non-Latin characters are not imported correctly:
>> <http://swift.trydiscourse.com/u?name=1&period=all>
>> e.g. StringTransform("Any-Latin; Latin-ASCII; Any-Title")
>>
>> -- Ben

Alejandro Martinez
http://alejandromp.com