[swift-evolution] Proposal: Introduce User-defined "Dynamic Member Lookup" Types

Gwendal Roué gwendal.roue at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 09:39:06 CST 2017

> Le 7 déc. 2017 à 16:33, C. Keith Ray via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> a écrit :
>
> Let's see what disasters were created by people abusing NSProxy, the ObjC moral equivalent of a dynamic member lookup type.
>
> I'm not aware of anything.

I'm sure you are ;-)

I'm not expert at all of early ObjC... But wasn't NSProxy the base of good-old-times RPC?

OK, in 2017 we know that RPC is dangerous. For example, when `() -> Int` relies on a network call, it's almost impossible to handle errors.

But still, is it because an API can be used for bad things that an API is bad?

Gwendal