[swift-evolution] Proposal: Introduce User-defined "Dynamic Member Lookup" Types

Jacob Williams ponyboy47 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 12:19:57 CST 2017

> On Dec 4, 2017, at 11:05 AM, Dave DeLong via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Chris,
>
> We do the Swift integration with Objective-C via modules. Why wouldn’t that approach work with Python? Or if it would, why would we favor this dynamic member lookup over importing a Python API via a module?

My understanding is that we would then have to write modules for each and every dynamic language people would want to import. It would take a lot more time/maintenance than this approach which theoretically allows for any dynamic language to become interoperable with much less effort and very little maintenance.