[swift-evolution] Synthesizing Equatable, Hashable, and Comparable for tuple types

Tino Heth 2th at gmx.de
Thu Nov 23 11:32:11 CST 2017

> a good idea on paper, a disastrous one in practice. What happens if every geometry library declares their own Point type?
That would be ugly („disastrous“ imho is a little bit to strong — C++ had/has similar issues, and other languages as well)
But if there would be a simple Point struct in a library that is popular (could be achieved by shipping it alongside the stdlib), this problem would be solved (there has been a pitch lately, but I guess it faded away silently).