[swift-evolution] [Pitch] Make Optional, Array, and Dictionary conditionally Equatable

Chris Lattner clattner at nondot.org
Wed Nov 22 11:48:40 CST 2017

IMO this is obvious and you should put it in.

The process serves a purpose: to ensure the evolution of the language is going in the right place, both directionally in an details.  It is obvious that we’re going to take this, and the details are clear, therefore doing an evolution cycle for this would just waste everyone’s time.

That said, when you get to less obvious introductions and start doing more major consolidation and simplification of the stdlib, those changes may be worthy of discussion to ensure the details are right.

-Chris