[swift-evolution] [Pitch] Synthesizing Concurrency: A Pitch For High-Level Abstractions & Low-Level Intelligence

Howard Lovatt howard.lovatt at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 19:01:28 CST 2017

Sorry I don't get the code. In particular:

// Compiler View - of a Constant Property on a Concurrent type
struct Person: Concurrent {
    /* Variable Property */

    // Constant Property
    let birthday: Date {
        get {
            internalQueue.async { // Immediately returns on calling thread
                return underlying_Birthday_Date_Value_Storage

    /* Computed Property */
}

Doesn't make sense `async`'s closure doesn't return anything.

What am I missing?

  -- Howard.