[swift-evolution] [Pitch] Introduce User-defined "Dynamic Member Lookup" Types

Stefan Mayer-Popp stefan at mayer-popp.de
Wed Nov 15 04:58:15 CST 2017

Hej Rick,

i definitely agree with you. +1

From my personal experience i can say that a good working language interoperability gives us tons of new possibilities.

A big thing i like is that i could for example use already written projects in different languages which are maybe already in production and reuse their proven functionality without the requirement to transform the code to Swift.
The complexity of the Swift language itself isn't even touched in any area a “casual” developer uses, i personally see no argument of not integrating this feature for Swift.

I for myself can see a lot new possibilities and more reasons (and better arguments) for using Swift in other areas in my company like a normal phone app or some command-line tools.
Symbiosis is great lets have some fun with Swython, Swuby or SwHP in future.

--
Stefan Mayer-Popp