[swift-evolution] Large Proposal: Non-Standard Libraries

Ted Kremenek kremenek at apple.com
Wed Nov 8 13:58:07 CST 2017

> On Nov 8, 2017, at 11:40 AM, Ted Kremenek via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
>

>> On Nov 8, 2017, at 4:30 AM, Wallacy via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org <mailto:swift-evolution at swift.org>> wrote:
>>
>> I do not agree with Ted that only a few projects should be ranked, everyone, as it is in npm should be available. Only be graded according to recommendations.
>>

> I’m a bit confused.  I’m not sure what comments of mine I’m referring to.

Clearly I’m double confused.  That meant to read “I’m not sure what comments of mine *you* are referring to”.

I fully support having a broad spectrum of libraries that the community builds and uses.  Any library that we decide to make part of “core Swift” — IMHO at a mature point in a library’s evolution — would need to have high value to the majority of the community and would need to feel solid enough that we can lock it in for both source and binary compatibility, high quality of implementation with sustained maintenance, etc.