[swift-evolution] Large Proposal: Non-Standard Libraries

Tino Heth 2th at gmx.de
Tue Nov 7 13:07:51 CST 2017

Great news — I think this will not only push Swift forward, but also empower more people to contribute to the ecosystem:
With the updated rules for evolution proposals, the bar to actively contribute to the compiler has been raised significantly; non-standard libraries on the other hand can be improved without knowing the details of llvm (you wouldn’t even need C++ ;-).

I suggest to focus on trivial data structures first, so that more advanced (and really non-standard libs ;-) can be build on a common basis (my favorite example here is the concept of a quaternion — iOS/Mac developers can encounter several incarnations of them without looking at third-party frameworks).