[swift-evolution] [SPM] Roadmap?

Karl Wagner razielim at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 08:36:46 CDT 2017

> On 28. Oct 2017, at 15:26, Karl Wagner via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
>

> Now, I want to localise my package - what do I do? I’m going to have to create some middleware to translate platform-specific concepts in to a baseline which I can look-up based on some mangling I’m going to create for the file names.

I mean, this is covered by Foundation, so the next step (IMO) would be for Foundation to provide some extensions for SwiftPM which would integrate Locale.

I’m not suggesting SwiftPM should handle localisation natively - just some kind of abstract concept of asset variants which can be resolved at runtime.

- Karl