[swift-evolution] Standard error?

Daryle Walker darylew at mac.com
Wed Oct 25 15:51:35 CDT 2017

Been looking at the Swift standard library pages at Apple’s website. There’s “print” and “readLine” for I/O to/from standard output/input. Put there seems to be no function for standard error. The “print” function has an overload for custom streams, but there doesn’t seem to be an object that represents standard error that could go there.

Is there a TextOutputStream object for standard error? Or does that have to be added? I wonder if it should be a global or a type-level property somewhere?

Sent from my iPad