[swift-evolution] [draft] Introduce Sequence.filteredMap(_:)

Nobuo Saito croissant9603 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 01:54:48 CDT 2017

Hi there,

In my opinion, `map` vs `flatMap` confusing comes from implicitly casting
`T` to `T?`.
I believe it make many confusing and problems that compiler allow this
implicitly casting.
1 way of solve this topic that show warning if use implicitly casting `T`
to `T?`. Of course it should be explict casting can avoid this warning.
Such as `x as Int?`, `Int?.some(x)`, `intClosure as (() -> Int?)`.