[swift-evolution] [Draft] Rename Sequence.elementsEqual

Jonathan Hull jhull at gbis.com
Mon Oct 16 18:40:30 CDT 2017

To expand on this, Set([1,2,3,4,5]).hasPrefix([1,2,3]) currently returns true.  But let’s say a year from now, we change Set to return an ordering based on hash values (which is entirely reasonable). Suddenly the same code may return true or false.

No guarantees will be broken by doing that, but the result has still changed because we are building on top of undefined behavior. Collection says nothing about the ordering over different builds of a program.

Thanks,
Jon