[swift-evolution] [Proposal] Random Unification

Brent Royal-Gordon brent at architechies.com
Fri Oct 13 09:40:44 CDT 2017

> On Oct 11, 2017, at 10:21 AM, Cory Benfield via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
>
> This user will never swap away from the default, so the question is which failure mode is preferable. I’d say it seems pretty obvious that “my program is slow” is a better failure mode than “my program is vulnerable to data exfiltration”.

Not only because "too slow" is safer than "too vulnerable", but also because "too slow" is something you can easily observe during development. Presumably, a web search for "swift randomIn slow" (or whatever) will then turn up blog posts and Stack Overflow answers explaining how to use a faster RNG.

--
Brent Royal-Gordon
Architechies