[swift-evolution] /*Let it be*/ func() -> @discardable Bool {} /*Rather Than*/ @discardableResult func() -> Bool {}

Tino Heth tinoheth at me.com
Mon Oct 9 13:07:13 CDT 2017

I don’t remember all the details, but this has been discussed when results became „non-discardable“ by default, and afair it was even proposed as a possible future improvement to make the change less ugly for those who were fine with the original behavior.

As for the line-length, I don’t buy this argument, because placement of line breaks is just personal preference, and keywords/annotations created by gluing together two words should imho avoided wherever possible (not only because the increased character count).