[swift-evolution] [Discussion] Resources

Rick Ballard rballard at apple.com
Mon Sep 25 11:53:51 CDT 2017

Hi Karl and Keith,

(+ swift-build-dev and swift-corelibs-dev)

The SwiftPM core team has had some preliminary discussions already with the swift-corelibs team about the best way to support resources; whatever we do here will likely be a collaboration between SwiftPM and Foundation. We're currently defining our roadmap for SwiftPM in Swift 5, and it's not clear yet whether resource support will fit into this year or not, but either way it's clearly something we'll want to do. We're looking to encourage a thriving developer community around the Swift package manager, and we know that this will be important for many uses. If there are other limitations that are currently holding people back, we'd welcome feedback (and contributions!).

While we're not actively working on a proposal for resource support at the moment, if you have particular thoughts, please feel free to share them, possibly cross-posted between swift-build-dev, swift-corelibs-dev, and swift-evolution.

Cheers,

	- Rick