[swift-evolution] Documentation and comments

Omar Charif omarchariffathi at icloud.com
Sat Sep 16 18:12:04 CDT 2017

Hi everyone,

Well I had this weird idea that I would like to share with you maybe it turns out to be helpful.

So, can we somehow link comments with the code in a way that becomes updated with the source code itself ?

Can we fix that issue where your documentation is automatically updated when u update the source code ?
I see everyone suffering from the fact that comments are not 100% reliable since you update the code and no one remembers to update the comments above etc …

I don’t know if this is an XCode thing or a swift compiler task in general … but as long as I write Swift I would like to have this feature in any IDE or Editor that I use, would that stop the problem at all ?

- Omar