[swift-evolution] [Proposal] Random Unification

Taylor Swift kelvin13ma at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 13:43:14 CDT 2017

I would very much like to see this implemented in pure Swift, i think it’s
only a hundred lines of code to implement anyway. That way, we also have
the same deterministic PRNGs across all Swift platforms. We should avoid
sticking more and more stuff into Foundation if it’s not necessary for
backwards compatibility. Instead it should go into its own Random core
module.